Saturday, May 23, 2009

Beam Me Up, Scotty.

That's right, I saw Star Trek. It taught me many things, of which I shall pass down to you, lovely people, because it's been far too long since I've posted anything. Blame life.

Star Trek taught me that no matter how geeky the subject is, and how looked down upon it has been since the '60's, as long as you pump it full of action and hot men, it's all good. Yes, your movie can completly sell out the theatre and captivate audiences that are not filled with Trekkies.

It was epic. Although not once that I can tell, did Kirk ever say 'Beam me up, Scotty', which was such a shame, because I thought that line was supposed to be iconic. They did say, however, 'Live long and prosper' with the little hand motion. -big grin-

Goodness, this post is rather...lame.

Maybe tonight I'll do more late History homework while watching Underworld: Rise of the Lycans. That's right, Jakalee, I might watch it without you. Although, to be fair, you did see the end of Underworld 2 without me, albeit that wasn't your fault... But the movie is just sitting there, waiting to be watched before it has to be returned. and my mom did get it for me to see...

My mom also lent me her old book on fairies (except I just spelt it wrong) faeries. Yes, faeries. That's how you spell it. It's rather amazing, and I love it, and I'm kind of happy that I'm kind of following in her footsteps a little bit. She used to read fokelore and do tarot cards. Now she's kind of a neat-freak and doesn't read at all.

Yeah, that won't be me hopefully.

I'm kind of out of things to say, and I don't really have anything to post for me novel because I haven't written anything new because I've been so swamped with other things.

But I shall post a rather tricky question for you. One that if you answer correctly, I will thank you in my published acknowledgements when my book is printed, and I might just dedicate the whole thing to you.

I need names, and that's all.

The first name is for a restaurant. It's this world's equivalant to our Earl's, where servers and employees are selected by facial symmetry and their outward beauty. Their unofficial motto? 'Skills can be taught, beauty can't be.' I need the name for the restaurant. Something that fits without being obvious.

The second is the name for the actual place. It'll be in an unspecified part of North America, but I need the name for the town. It's split into two sections, one it the subburb, the other the downtown area. Think Port Coquitlam & downtown Vancouver. Or even better, just Vancouver. But I need an original name. Feel free to steal it from another continent, it'll make it trippier.

Please, please, please help me!

It seems my usual phrase is rather self-sufficent, so I will simply say, good luck.

-giggles at self- You won't understand until you watch Star Trek.

Anddd, this post has come full circle.

2 comments:

  1. ... I stopped understanding or making sense of it until you started talking about history stuff.. And Earls... X.X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something like Allure too obvious? For the restaurant?
    If so, how about.... Polish or... Vaguer still... umm... I dunno, something oddly classy. Like... Vague! Bwahaha. Okay, that was a little odd. I dunno about business names. But, city-ish ones... Umm...

    PERTH! Love to the Aussies. Or, how about. Something traditional like Queensland or Upper and Lower... Fieldsview? Just smash two words that don't make much sense together until you get something epic. I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete