Saturday, May 9, 2009

How Amusing.

I find this whole blog thing rather funny. Mostly because there are five of us - tallie, ashleyy, zeh readheaded wonder, jakalee and myself - and we don't really pay much attention to each other’s stuff. Can't you just picture it? I can. I see the five of us - arms linked - surrounded by the darkness of obscurity. We're shouting out to the darkness, trying to call the attention of the shining, fabulous people that can join our ranks.

Or, this whole blog thing could be another school-type thing, where we all strive to make each other jealous. I can see it going that way too, since none of us talk of anything really important besides what we've done with certain people. But alas, I'm not thinking before I write, and therefore, could dig myself in a pretty big hole...

I got shoes for prom. Exciting, oui? Pretty, gold, gladiator sandals from Aldo. Love.

I also posted a one-shot (if it does the 403 Forbidden thing, just refresh the page twice). It's my baby. It is my pride and joy. I want to be the Mufasa to its Simba and hold it atop a cliff, proclaiming its majesty to the animal kingdom we call life. But again, I don't know enough people to be able to do that.

I'm also very sick. If I die, remember that I've infected you all with H1N1 Swine Flu 2009, which is what they're calling it now. It's catchy, no? Rolls right off the tongue, it does.

I've also decided that the world is the Kayla to my Alison. Don't know what I mean? That's okay; it might be better that way.

The world lost a fantastic author yesterday. Stephanie Bell aka Daddy's Little Cannibal on fanfiction, died in a drunk driver accident. She died before her high school graduation. She was the same age as us.

May your next life not end so violently, Stephanie.

I've also decided that I must chose my words more carefully when I write. Words cannot be wasted in my epic, mythical baby.

And since I need to have one little inkling on the direction of my novel, I will tell you that my first chapter has now been scrapped, and will be replaced with a first chapter that takes place a week before, and then what I wrote in chapter one will be re-worded and re-named 'chapter two'.

And since I love my imaginary readers...
(Steal it and risk my gouging your eyes out with a plastic spork)

G L A M O U R B O Y – T H A N E

Once a rather usual boy, his eyes were opened to the cruelty warlocks unleashed onto other creatures when his mother was bitten by a vampire and buried six feet under. When she arose to her second life with her son watching fearfully to the side, warlocks came in and destroyed her.

Since then, he has protested for the rights of magical creatures everywhere, from lycanthropes to harpies. Unfortunately, that cast the handsome and kind-hearted teenage boy into ill favour throughout the warlock community.

One day, when the boy walked up the front steps of the warlock’s town center to petition for harpie rights, a lycanthrope – something never heard of entering the square before – attacked him. Apparently a high-up warlock hired a lycanthrope to remove of his problem. But against the agreement, the lycanthrope didn’t dispose of the young warlock. Instead, the lycanthrope brought the promising warlock back to his den and preformed the ritual on him, making the warlock boy into a part werewolf, part warlock creation.

Upon waking, the boy turned out to be a furious disappointment to the lycanthrope, since the lycan-mage was weaker physically than a werewolf and magically than a warlock. Instead of getting best of both, the lycan-mage got worst of best. Such a pity.

He was then rejected from the lycanthrope society as an experiment failure, and from the warlocks since his blood was no longer pure.

The boy wandered the forest fringing on the Hidden City when he was taken into the lure of a Ghost Light. He was eventually saved from a rock face by Priscilla, the pixie, who eventually became his sister-figure.

The warlock boy now finds it hard to trust. He’s grown rather bitter and still fights as hard as he can for creature rights, yet he can only go from the sidelines – which he learned the hard way. One day he tried to intervene when the warlocks prepared to ambush a new fledgling vampire as she dug herself up. Unfortunately, with his weakened magic, he was unable to save the young vampyre girl, and he was hit by a particularly nasty glamour by a boy who we later find out if -sexybadboy-. The glamour the boy wears is ugly, and since the boy is half-wolf, he isn’t strong enough to break the spell.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im pretty sure i have been reading everyone's posts...
    Your shoes sound incredibbly fabbbbbbbb.
    your going t look incredibly chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read everyones posts....
    Maybe it's just you who fails so much :)
    And poor Thane. I love him so :)
    I would call him, if he wasn't invented by you, that's how much i love him.
    Agh, must go to the states! I'll share my drugs with you, but not, when I get back!
    -Jacquie

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY! My comment failed to post...

    Well, here it is again!
    I read everything, just like, days after it is posted. Which makes me a bad person. Sniff sniff.
    I love Thane! He's got a wicked name, and a non-cliche horrid life! Which makes him tres fantastical! Adore! To the Max!

    Now I will copy Jacquie and sign my 'comment'
    -ZeReHeaWo

    ReplyDelete