Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Quick Summary and An Epic Thanks

Why do I have this blog? I have this blog because...well, I don't know why, really. I already have a livejournal, a twitter, a fanfiction and a fictionpress. Maybe this blog shall be different from the rest because it will be following my individual stories; something my livejournal has failed to do. Also, I really like the formatting abilities on this site, something which I can't get from my livejournal, yet I love the communities and such you can join on livejournal. -sighs- Quite a conundrum.

Today, in the introductory post of this lovely journal, I will be introducing the first of many projects swirling around my head. This one is a story existing in a world which is co-created by...someone. She has avoided mentioning me in her blog, thus, I shall do the same. Unless I forget to, then she'll be mentioned.

So, yes. The project is an urban fantasy novel, set in an imaginary city that's been divided in two. On one side, there's the human population, with their downtown and suburb sections. It's all rather boring on that side.

On the other side, however, is all the magical creature’s people grow up learning to fear: vampyres, lycanthropes (werewolves), pixies, harpies, will o' the wisps, just to name a few. But the most dreaded of these creatures are the warlocks.

The warlocks are the ones that divided the city - and the whole world - between them and the humans. They claim it's to protect the purest race from the dirty ones. They've put bans on hunting humans - something vampyres and lycanthropes need to do, yet warlocks continue to whisk away humans to try and re-create the ritual used to create the first warlock. Yes, those warlocks are mighty hypocritical.

The story revolves around our heroine - Alison - and her rather rude appearance in the Hidden world, having been saved by a young warlock from a Ghost Light (or Will O' the Wisp).

Yes, it surely shall be epic. That's the quick summary, and epic thanks to the co-creator who shall remain nameless for the time being.

Until next time, which will probably be soon since I need to explain my quote under my blog's name...

I need a snazzy exit line. Lemme think about it...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that seems like a pretty epic novel.
    Ah-mazz-ing :)

    ReplyDelete