Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Names!

Heck yes, skipping school today totally paid off. I know, skipping school is bad, etc, etc, but when you have parental consent, it makes it all better. See, we have some sort of emergency evacuation drill today, and my parents would have been unable to pick me up, and there was no way I would have sat out in the rain until three o'clock. And, my throat hurts.

But anyways, by sitting on the computer all day, I have named my two male leads! Fantastic - I think so. I probably should have been doing all of my history homework, or my photography assignment, or reading Othello for english, but no! I surfed zoope.com (best site ever) and found my names.

The first name went to sexybadboy. And as much as I'll miss his nickname, I'm thinking the name might just fit him. Actually, I have my doubts, but I'm hoping it will be like shoes. You know, how they don't fit right away but then you break them in and they're perfect?

Sexybadboy's name is Yale.

Like the university? Yes, that is the exact response I want from that name. Plus, it sounds refined and fancy for someone as pampered as my Yale. And, Alison's name starts with a vowel, and when I was trying to name glamourboy, his name started with a consonant, so I decided the third guy should be named with the letter that can be either a consonant or a vowel.

The second name went to glamourboy, and this name I'm not as fond of, but I'm thinking I'll grow into it, as he will. It started with Kyler, but it was too normal since it sounds like Kyle and Tyler mixed. Then it was Rhys, but then I remembered the book The Two Princesses of Bamarre, which has a sorcerer named Rhys in it. Then it went to something that rhymed with Yale, which wouldn't fly. Then Gaylen, but I didn't want all three names to have L's in them. And then I found the one.

Thane.

Cute, right? Well, I think it's nice...

So there you have it. All three main characters named. How spiffy. Also, a secondary character - Priscilla. So, four names so far. And, yesterday, I worked on Thane and Yale's back stories. Yale's all pro with his good upbringing, and Thane is all tragic, with his mother being bitten by a vampyre and him watching as warlocks kill her just as she rises from her grave, and then he's bitten by a lycanthrope hired by a leading warlock, and then he's glamoured by another warlock so he's hideous. Poor, poor Thane.

Anyways, I'm thinking about watching Pan's Labyrinth for more inspiration. I'm hoping it won't scare my socks off with its 14A rating for violence and gory scenes. I mean, if I could handle Quarantine, I can handle this...right?

Live long and prosper!

(Is it just me, or does anyone else think the new Star Trek movie looks kick-ass cool?)

1 comment:

  1. Yale is absolutely perfect.
    As is Thane. I like it even more than Slade :p
    And you don't have to worry about kayla then!
    Gosh, I can't wait to actually have spare time to work on this.

    ReplyDelete