Monday, July 27, 2009

Who You Gonna Call?

That's right. I'm pathetic.

I might have forgotten about all blogs for a month or so, but that's not why I'm pathetic.

Oh, thank you, Kate! I owe you for life for signing the petition! (Good news, but I'll talk about it when I get everyone else caught up)

So, we're all 90's children, right? I mean, we're all in the same boat.

Anyone remember those old saturday morning cartoons? Beetle Borgs, Power Rangers (the good one), Pepper Ann, etc etc? Well, most specifically, I remember Extreme Ghostbusters, which, as far as I'm concerned, the best cartoon ever made, possibly excluding the Real Ghostbusters, but
I would be hard pressed to actually say that.

Well anyways, in my travels to become the biggest geek on the lovely planet earth, I started to youtube old episodes, and I must say, they are wonderful. I mean, look at this new Ghostbusting cast! Tell me they aren't fabulous! (but please don't)




My favorite's Eduardo. He's the brunet in the front -drools-

Anyways. I was in EGB bliss until every user on youtube deleted their egb episodes off the internet. Gone, dissapeared forever! I was crushed. I might have almost cried.

This is where Kate Lewis comes in! She signed a petition I found to have Extreme Ghostbusters released on DVD (76 signatures) and she drooled over the amazing cast with me as she put up with me ranting about how wonderful they were.

Kate! It's times like this that I wish you really were Australian. Because, as you heard, they're releasing the first 13 episodes onto DVD in Australia and France. Weird, right? But people guess it'll be here soon.

Now, the next logical thought would be, buy it anyway and pay extra money to have the set shipped here from Australia. Well, I'm with you on that, but there are two problems.

One: The DVD's are set so they only play on Australian Standard players

and Two: They're sold out. All of the pre-orders are gone.

I take that as a good omen, but I'm severly bummed.

To pass the time, take a gander at this episode. One of the surviving five on youtube.

Love!~

-Maggie

Till Death Makes Us Start (Part One)
Till Death Makes Us Start (Part Two)

2 comments:

  1. Oh heeeeyyyy! I forgot about mine too! But omgoodess this show is fantastical. Did you get quicktime to work? :) I hope so! It's too great to miss out on. And... windows media player FAILS with the audio-onlyness.

    Oh, and I need my sticks back so I can give you the next 2 seasons! :O
    <3

    That petition was coolio too. I love signing petitions! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy how silly you are :)

    Extreme Ghostbusters = tres fab, although I haven't ever seen them.

    When you get them here, I promise to stock the energy drinks, and some sour gummy worms, and watch all of them with you in one very long marathon. See, I'm fabulous too!

    See you in four hours, chicolita!

    ReplyDelete